Montclair Licensed Psychologist, Dr. Dara Querimit, specializes in individual and empowerment based group counseling for children, adolescents, and adults using an integrative approach interweaving Eastern and Western approaches to treating the mind, body, and spirit comprehensively- all centered on self-empowerment.
Treatment specializations include:
Empowerment-Based & Solution Focused Therapy for ending Depression,
Anxiety, and Panic symptoms once and for all.
- Yoga Therapy: Utilizing the Ancient tradition of healing and managing mood through yoga postures, breathing practices, meditation, yoga, Buddhist and other spiritual philosophies.
- Therapy for a more peaceful perspective, to ease anxiety, fear, anger, worry, regrets and guilt about the past, fatigue, loss of focus, motivation, and sleep problems.
- Increasing overall happiness, wellness and getting your life working in all areas.
- Multiculturally Competent Counseling
- Women's Issues
- Body Image and Eating Concerns
- Relationship Issues
- Career Identity/Career Choice: Vocational and Personality Testing available, if indicated.
- Kids and Teens Assertiveness and Positive Self Regard Training (individually or in peer group setting). Topics include: 1) tools for immediately raising self-esteem in a sea of middle school- petty tyrants; 2) resolving conflicts with friends, teachers, siblings, and parents; 3) coping better with middle school academic pressures; 4) dealing successfully with teasing and bullying; 5) how to keep being yourself and liking you no matter what anybody else says or does.
- Parent Coaching and Teacher Consultations
- School Observations
- Special Accommodations/School Advocacy
- Teen Groups
- Kids Groups
I work with a wide range of emotional and behavioral issues with children, teens and adults. I provide a combination of therapeutic approaches that have been supported by the most up-to-date clinical research. I infuse empirically supported Western psychology along with well-established, Ancient Eastern approaches. My clients are active participants and take full responsibility for learning and mastering the agreed upon coping strategies and helpful perspectives about themselves and others that can be applied to all aspects of their life. In a comfortable, non-judgmental, and compassionate atmosphere, I provide a highly personalized approach tailored to each of my client's individual needs.